Friday, March 9, 2007

Dessert Treats Lip Candy


The only reason I bought this item was because the entire line was marked way down at my workplace. What was originally $11.99 I got for a little over $2. And believe me, that's about all it's worth.

I like the butterscotch toffee scented body spray, so I decided to go with that flavor for the lip gloss. Hmm. I'm not sure when butterscotch started tasting similar to mayonnaise, but that's all I can think of when I put this on and accidentally lick it. Although the gloss feels slightly gritty when first put on, it doesn't have a bad texture afterwards. The gloss itself is a sparkly tan color, but doesn't seem to tint my lips at all-- this could be different for brighter colors. As for any plumping effect (its tagline, if you will, is "deliciously kissable plumping lip candy"), I'm gonna have to say no. It feels slightly cooling, but even after using this as my primary lip gloss over several days, I don't see an appreciable difference (for a lip gloss that actually plumps, try Lip Squeak by Lush).

I wouldn't recommend this product at all, since there are so many other lip glosses that look better on, taste better, are more effective and aren't as expensive (unless you find it as cheap as I did. . .but still).

No comments: