Friday, April 27, 2007

An Interesting Find


Just yesterday my Mom and I were in Kohl's, as she was looking for a new soap dispenser. I rarely go into that store, so I asked if we could look at their bath/shower products before we left. In the same area, I stumbled upon a display of perfumes, which is something I've also taken an interest in over the past few months. None of their picks were very exciting though, mostly things I could get (for cheaper) at the store where I work.

However. . .

On the very end of the bottom shelf. . .

In a light pink bottle. . .

. . .I found Hello Kitty Eau de Toilette.

Call me 5 years old if you want, but I love Hello Kitty! I immediately hoisted up my sleeve and sprayed some on; despite the fact that it was probably made for girls under the age of 10, I rather enjoyed the scent. My initial impression was simply grapefruit, but after a minute a marshmallow-y sweetness entered the picture-- without being overly cloy.

Unfortunately, they didn't have any bottles other than the tester, so my boyfriend and I made an emergency trip to a different Kohl's that night, and that time we were in luck. Turns out that the "sweetness" is actually "a lush bouquet of jasmine, violet and rose," according to the package. I wish I had a scanner at the moment, cuz the box is really quite adorable. I had no luck trying to find a picture of the bottle either, but that's what digital cameras are for, right?

If you're looking for a light scent that is suitable for every day wear, I'd say give the Hello Kitty Eau de Toilette a shot. If the salesperson gives you a questioning look, just say it's for a younger cousin, haha.

No comments: